Thursday, December 3, 2009

I know I shouldn't say this, but I am ridiculously pleased that this blog has been added to the list of author sites associated with The Reader. The Reader Organisation is based in Liverpool, and in the spring its print journal will be publishing "On Junk and the Common Reader," one of the essays that I am molding into a chapter for my new memoir. The editors of the journal have been remarkably friendly, and I am excited about being published in England, given the supremacy of English literature in my life. And now I've been added to an author list that includes writers such as A. S. Byatt and Philip Pullman. Not to mention that I've been alphabetized next to Doris Lessing. Forgive me my pleasure in this. I can't help myself.

2 comments:

charlotte gordon said...

This is so so exciting. And completely deserved and right --

Dawn Potter said...

(Of course I don't even really like to read Doris Lessing, but what does that matter? . . . )