Friday, October 30, 2009

1. Okay, this is crazy, but the Maine Humanities Council reports that there have already been more than 300 downloads of the "Poets Writing Memoir" podcast. Who are all these people? Elizabeth and I are mystified. 

2. My husband, Thomas Birtwistle, will be featured in an NYC photo show, which opens on November 4. Stop by and check out his large strange pictures. (Strange in a good way, of course.)

3. I plan to spend the morning copying out some Robert Lowell poems. Stay tuned for updates.

4. Over the past 11 days, I have completed four new poems, at least two of which seem like real poems. Completed. This is thanks to the magical mix of unemployment, kids in school, intense conversation with a friend, insomnia, overwrought emotions, and Joe-Bolton-as-gateway-drug. Poetry writing is so unhealthy.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

I really enjoyed the podcast.

Dawn Potter said...

I'm so glad, Ruth. Maybe I should muster the nerve to listen to it myself.

Ruth said...

yes, definitely you should listen. I appreciated listening to how both of you came to writing poetry and then memoir. I love hearing how something happens.
I feel as though I have met Elizabeth and have had many conversations with her. she has a very distinctive voice.