Thursday, August 13, 2009

Going blueberry picking as soon as I can pitchfork my son out of bed.

Someday I may write again. Meanwhile, I am not.

The Philip Roth novel is almost over, thank God. How I hate this book. Let us hope that it at least has medicinal value.

from Lycidas

John Milton

I come to pluck your berries harsh and crude,
And with forc'd fingers rude
Shatter your leaves before the mellowing year.

Apparently there is a Milton quotation for everything.

Dinner tonight: New red potatoes for sure. Maybe sausage. Maybe beet greens. I'll decide when I get out there.

2 comments:

charlotte gordon said...

can you please use "pitchfork" in each of your posts. I also love how you drip with irony. I liked "apparently" and I loved how the Q from the funereal poem got stuck onto your blueberry picking. Tonight for dinner I had four glasses of wine, and a large hunk of chocolate. I had better start eating dinner with your family.

Dawn Potter said...

You know, I almost quoted "Peter Rabbit" . . . the part when Flopsy, Mopsy, and Cottontail have bread and milk and blackberries for supper. It is like a rabbit version of 4 glasses of wine and a hunk of chocolate.

I'll see what I can do about the pitchfork.