Monday, July 27, 2009

I posted Chapter 1 of Tracing Paradise here, in case you are wondering if you will love it or hate it.

I'm writing this morning: currently taking a brief break from sonnet revision--the first writing I've done for 10 days or so, unless you count the writing on this blog, which actually I do.

My friend Matt quotes Barthes and says maintaining a blog is like keeping a journal. I don't quote Barthes and say it's more like writing an ongoing open letter. Anyway I kind of enjoy it, and also find it helpful in a "don't-be-lazy-just-open-your-brain-and write-something-damn-it" way.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I just finished Tracing Paradise for the second time. Rarely do I reread a book immediately upon finishing it, so that should tell you how much I enjoy (present tense intended) it. I knew I needed to buy it when I found myself on chapter 2 in The Frost Barn! I am sorry that I didn't have time to have you sign it...perhaps some other time.
The blogs that I enjoy most are those that are an open letter or better yet, a conversation.

Ruth said...

Oops, I didn't mean to be anonymous or even A. Nonny Mouse?!?!

Dawn Potter said...

Thank you, Ruth. And I'm really glad that you leave your comments here. Writing letters is far, far better with readers who write back.