Monday, December 22, 2008

Spent much of the day dealing with the nearly 2 feet of snow we received last night . . . shoveling out barn gates, cars, mailboxes, etc., along with everyone else in northern New England. The boys and I did manage to fit in an inaugural snowshoe trek into our woods, however, while Tom fishtailed off to Bangor to solve his nail-gun problem.

So far Tuesday night's menu is staying the same. I've made a second batch of sourdough bread and will rub the pork roast with marinade seche tonight. I'm planning to wear this great Italian wool dress I bought at the Goodwill for $5.99 that, according to Tom, makes me look like a guest love-interest on Star Trek. I think he's full of shit. I like to pretend it makes me look more like Catherine Deneuve.

Accidental quote for the day:

I have seen the garbagemen parade
when it was snowing.
I have eaten hotdogs in ballparks.
I have heard the Gettysburg Address
and the Ginsberg Address.
I like it here
and I won't go back
where I came from.

--Lawrence Ferlinghetti, "Autobiography," from A Coney Island of the Mind

No comments: