Wednesday, September 17, 2008

I have a head cold and I cut my finger making plum preserves. On the bright side, having a head cold makes me worry less about not being a great artist. Also, everyone will be pleased to hear that the Harmony Elementary School soccer team won its first season opener in twenty years. (That grand-lapse-of-years claim came to me by way of exaggerating children, but certainly the team hasn't won a season opener in the five years I've been patronizing these events. It's hardly won any games at all. Winning makes Harmony parents lightheaded. We're not used to these things. [For a peroration on parental attitudes toward children who play on losing elementary school teams, see my basketball poem, "First Game," in roger, issue 2.])

Myself, I haven't read a poem all day. And I'm okay with that.

No comments: