Monday, September 30, 2024

Tom spent most of yesterday working on the kitchen cabinets--positioning hinges and hanging doors so that, temporarily, we began to have an idea of what the room will look like--a long expanse of clean fir lines, very different from the busy colors and shapes of open shelves. The doors all came down again so that he can sand and finish them, but, gracious, what an elegant room it will be.

In the meantime, I did the shopping before dropping my car off at the body shop. I can easily go for days without driving, but it's hard to carry groceries without one. So now the freezer is filled with fish--salmon, bluefish, mackerel--and the closet is filled with toilet paper and soap, and I am a pedestrian.

This will be a busy work week: lots of editing, lots of classwork, plus prepping for my book launches. A load of green firewood arrives tomorrow. I should probably start stripping tomatoes from the vines so that they can ripen in the house . . . The days gather their fruit.

By the way, the page for Calendar is now up on Deerbrook's website, and Jeff tells me that orders are starting to come in. I'm grateful to any of you who've taken that plunge; it really means a lot to me.


1 comment:

Ruth said...

just ordered๐Ÿ™‹๐Ÿผ‍♀️๐Ÿ’œ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿ’•