Thursday, September 26, 2024

My newest collection, Calendar, is now available for pre-order from Deerbrook Editions. If you're interested in reviewing the book, let me know and I'll send you a copy directly. (If you've already offered, your copy is in the mail.) I've got two launch events in October, one virtual, one in person, and I'll be reading elsewhere around Maine over the course of the year. But I'd love to add more readings to the schedule, so if you have ideas, let's talk. I go to NYC and Chicago pretty often, and could be talked into other jaunts, if we could figure out travel and housing logistics. I don't love long-distance driving, but shove me on a train and I am a pig in clover.

The Zoom link for the shared launch is here, and I'd love, love, love to see you there. I feel so honored to be reading alongside Jeannie. She was one of first poets I ever heard read in person, long ago, when I was tentatively beginning to call myself a poet. Jeannie wrote a blurb for my first book--a great kindness, as I didn't know any poets to ask, so my teacher, Baron Wormser, had to reach out to his own friends. And now, twenty years later, Jeannie and I are working on poetry projects together, we are reading together . . . it is mind-spinning, really.

***


Later that same week I'll be doing an in-person launch at my neighborhood bookstore, Back Cove Books, located at 651 Forest Avenue in Portland. I know the graphics on the store's press release are a bit cramped, so let me translate. The event will feature a few guest readers from my Thursday-night poetry group--the fabulous Betsy Sholl, Gretchen Berg, and Marita O'Neill--and it will take place on October 17 at 6:30. Seeing your face there would make me so happy.

No comments: