Saturday, July 29, 2023

Saturday morning, and  I slept in, a lovely rare treat. The air machine and fans were roaring all day and all night, but as soon as got I up, I turned off every one of them, opened all the windows, and welcomed in the day, in all of its sticky glory.

Unfortunately for our dinner party, we're supposed to have thunderstorms this afternoon, so I'm not sure how T will deal with the grill situation. That's the problem with cooking over a fire pit: it needs a lot of time to build up coals. Anyhow I'll marinate the steak this morning, and start the French bread dough, and what will happen will happen. Somehow we'll feed these people.

On another note: I want to announce that two Frost Place Studio Sessions are now open for registration, both of them generative writing weekends: "Rilke and Imagination," on September 23 and 24; and "Revisiting Homer's Odyssey" (a reprise of a previous session and back by popular request) on October 28 and 29. These are open to anyone, poet or non-poet, whether or not you have any familiarity with Rilke or Homer. Each is on Zoom and costs $225.

No comments: