Tuesday, March 28, 2023

I'm heading north this afternoon, teaching kids tomorrow, and it looks as if the weather will be entirely mild and welcoming. Thank goodness. We'll work on the Chinese-poet lesson I didn't get to teach last time, and maybe even possibly take ourselves outside to do some chalk writing.

Yesterday I edited all morning, then had a zoom meeting, then forced myself to go to mall-land to buy a new bedsheet and a bathroom rug. How I hate mall-land. Today, more of the same--that is, editing and a meeting; thankfully, I am done with the horrible shopping.

I'm feeling a bit queasy this morning, from a bad dream about babies, and am hoping that it wears off shortly. I've finished Lincoln in the Bardo and remain highly impressed with it, and now I'm reading Ali Smith's how to be both, which I haven't yet come to a decision about. My brain is all in a muddle: I've been doing so many things so quickly . . . editing planning four classes writing discussion questions for a video interview working on an essay making biscuits folding laundry more stuff that I've forgotten . . . Without that little Chicago respite I think I would be a pile of old rags.


No comments: