Friday, December 9, 2022

I'm so glad I went out to the salon to write last night, as I got a draft out of it that I think might really be worth revising . . . one that wanders into a very surprising (to me) imaginative/physical maze. I hope, today, I can find a chance to transcribe the scrawl and start playing around with what might happen to this beginning.

The weather yesterday was lovely--high 40s, rain-wet, brilliantly sunny; the kind of day that sparkles in all directions. I went for a long walk in the morning, then spent the day at my desk, editing and working on Frost Place stuff, with bits and pieces of housework stuffed in around the edges. 

Today is forecast to be another beauty, and tonight I'll be going out again: first to an event at T's photo co-op, and then my neighbor and I will slip away and have a meal together while T is busy managing whatever it is he'll have to be managing. The social whirl continues . . . I've only made dinner at home one time this week. 

But I think, I hope, I can find an hour or so to work on this new poem draft. I am beginning to get excited about the poems in this disorganized, unfinished, potential collection.

No comments: