Wednesday, February 2, 2022

The bad weather has decided not to materialize (yet), so window entertainment has been quiet this week. Yesterday I made curried shrimp and dumplings for dinner, did a batch of housework, forced myself to stop procrastinating on some computer chores, and worked with my high school poet. Today I'll get back on the editing train, do yet more zoom stuff (it's been an endless zoom week), and, I hope, go for a walk.

One of the things I did yesterday morning was to spend a bit of time updating the Events page on this blog. Not everything has a link yet, but I will add them as they become available. I'm now beginning to schedule readings around the new book release, and I'll add them to the page as I figure them out.

Don't forget that spaces are still available in my two upcoming Frost Place Studio Sessions: "Learning from Nina Simone" and "The Nation as Muse." We've tried hard to keep these classes as inexpensive and accessible as possible, and I hope you'll consider joining me or send an interested friend my way.

Last night I happened to glance at the most recent New Yorker and read a poem by Terrance Hayes that just floored me. So strange and wonderful: so real and mythic. Also it's about a goat. Here's a link, if you'd like to read it too.

No comments: