Thursday, October 14, 2021

I'm sitting here in a pool of calm, shortly to be disrupted by mad furniture moving as Tom rushes around trying to prep the house for the electricians. Already my study looks like it's ready to be painted or packed into a truck; likewise, everything in the basement has been shoved into an island, bookshelves are half-empty, and giant pieces of orange tape glitter on the on walls, marking imaginary outlets.

I have no idea what kind of work I'll be able to get done today. I'll stow away in the yard or a back room and at least try to do some class planning--Homer; maybe next week's high school session. Editing will likely be beyond me. I really don't have anywhere else to go, as libraries and coffee shops aren't hunkering-down options these days. But maybe the weather will be kind.

I'm not complaining, of course. I've been longing for years to get these electrical issues solved, but money money money. So this is a day of celebration, just kind of a messy one.

No comments: