Thursday, July 9, 2020

A massive thunderstorm roared through here last evening. One moment we were sitting outside visiting with our friend Lucy; the next, the sky was black; the wind was sharp; Lucy was flying back to her car; and we were running up and down the street calling the cat, an exact reprise of Auntie Em screeching for Dorothy.

As it turned out, all we got was a downpour, not the car-damaging hail that was forecast. So this morning the garden looks pleased with itself. The new blossoms on the sunflowers loom handsomely in the post-storm fog, and the tomato plants are sprouting with tropical fervor. I'll try to remember to take some photos for you when the mist clears out.

Today one boy is going on a bike ride, the other on a socially distanced date. I have to go shopping (ugh), and do some desk work. Yesterday I managed to finish two small editing jobs; maybe today I'll get another one done.

I'm still reading Barchester Towers; it's about all I can focus on right now in the House of Uproar. All spare minutes involve chatter, game playing, food prep, dishwashing . . .

No comments: