Thursday, February 20, 2020


Lately the Beloit Poetry Journal's social media posts have been featuring poems from its archive, and yesterday, much to my surprise, one of my poems popped up on Facebook, inside this charming frog.

I have never before been published inside a frog, and I like it.

This morning I am going to mess around with a new notion-for-a-poem and see if anything coheres. Eventually I'll switch over to doing other people's work, but I need to snatch an hour or two for myself. I've been busily preaching "Don't forget to fill your own well," to teachers and students, nephews and sisters, while not filling my own well, and that silliness needs to stop. I am ahead of schedule on editing, I don't teach again till next Wednesday, I have no company to entertain or feed, I don't need to go grocery shopping, I'm caught up on laundry.
Dear Dawn, 
Write, damn it. 
Love, Dawn

1 comment:

Carlene Gadapee said...



...balance is good, my friend. =)
I like the frog. I especially love the first line. It's one of those that will live in my head a long time, I think.

Write, Dawn.
And I will, too. Next week.