Monday, January 13, 2020

Monday, Monday.

I'll be back to editing this morning, after a weekend spent scouring and reorganizing kitchen cupboards. The spice shelves are in, and they have made such a difference with space. Here's a quick photo of the upper set; there's a matching set in the lower cabinets.


[Eventually all the cabinets will have doors, but for the moment I've been arranging dishes visually so that at least we have something bright to look at while everything is open.]

I finished reading Villette last night and I'm considering reading Erdrich's Love Medicine or Silko's Ceremony next. I just got hired to review applications for an artist's residency program this winter, so that should be interesting/exhausting. Tom and I are going to the movies this evening (Kurosawa's Drunken Angel). Dante copying is coming along well (I'm up to Canto XIII of the Inferno).

The clock is ticking, and the furnace is humming, and the coffee is hot, and the kitchen is scrubbed clean, and I am glad to be wide awake.

2 comments:

Carlene Gadapee said...

I love Ceremony--I've struggled for years with how I can use it in classes (it has a few scenes that might be considered nsfs). Any suggestions?

Dawn Potter said...

I ended up reading "Love Medicine," so I can't be helpful yet.