Friday, July 12, 2019

Pounding rain all night, plus broken sleep, plus disturbing dreams about my children = I am not feeling very angel-in-the-house this morning. I usually enjoy a lulling overnight rainstorm, but last night's made me anxious, for no good reason, since my logical brain was pleased to have the garden watered. And disturbing dreams about one's children are no good under any circumstances.

Anyway, it's daylight, finally. And I managed to drag the trash/recycling/compost to the curb between downpours. And I made coffee, and let the ravening cat out. And there's no sign of the Sassy Groundhog.

Last night I made an excellent white chili: poblano and red peppers, fried cumin, cayenne, white beans, a handful of leftover rice, chicken, vidalia onion, fresh corn, topped with guacamole, marigold petals, and cilantro not eaten by a groundhog. So those are the leftovers I plan to have for breakfast, and then I'll go to a yoga class, and then I'll work on a manuscript review, and the day will be busy and fine and I'll forget that in my dreams I lost my son and couldn't find him anywhere.

No comments: