Thursday, July 4, 2019

Independence Day. I'll be celebrating it by doing a few things that the White House monster and his cabal are too ignorant or vicious to care about.

Like make a donation to my city's fund for asylum seekers.

Like do some useful physical labor--perhaps spread some of the compost I've been making in the backyard, because why throw things away?

Like plant vegetables--maybe some kale and lettuce seeds for a fall crop, because I like to eat and I like to grow.

Like clean my own house--because I'm proud that way.

Like read old difficult poems--because why should art be easy or neat or new?

Like make love in the afternoon with a person I actually love.

What will you do?

1 comment:

David (n of 49) said...

What I did from north of the border: wish you and the USA better times.