Thursday, April 25, 2019

Finally, sunshine! I'm hoping to snatch most of the afternoon to edge beds, go plant shopping, sow seeds, dry laundry, before the rains ramp up again tomorrow. Already the Neighborhood Brats are pouncing and rolling in the bright morning air. Squirrels are shinnying up fenceposts, and a flock of robins mines for worms in the fresh wet soil. I am itching to get outside.

In other news: the administrators at 24PearlStreet have asked me to lead another 8-week poetry masterclass, beginning in late summer. I'll keep you posted about dates, in case you might be interested in spending a few intense weeks with me honing your craft.

Otherwise, same old, same old. I'll be making falafel and pita all evening. I'll be digging in the dirt all afternoon. I'll be mucking around with words all morning.
And I, what fountain of fire am I among
This leaping combustion of spring? My spirit is tossed
About like a shadow buffeted in the throng
Of flames, a shadow that's gone astray, and is lost. 
--from D. H. Lawrence, "The Enkindled Spring"

No comments: