Friday, October 5, 2018

Late yesterday afternoon, as I was writing an email, I heard the UPS man stop outside, so I bounced down to meet him, turned my ankle on the front stoop, fell into a chrysanthemum, and rolled to his feet. We were both very surprised. Unfortunately, when I turned my ankle I felt a bad sensation, and as I sat there on in the front yard I was not sure that I was going to be able to accept the UPS man's proffered hand to get up. I did, however, manage to stagger to my feet, receive my package, limp into the house, collapse on the couch, and assess the situation.

What I seem to have done is damaged muscles across the top of my foot, which is swollen and stiff and black-and-blue. I am now a hobbler on an ibuprofen diet, but no bones are broken.

I do keep laughing at the memory of my tumble down the stairs onto the UPS man's shoes, and the shocked look on his face, and the way he kept saying, after the fact, "But you didn't have to come outside for the package! I could have brought it to the door!" Comedy gold, I tell you.

2 comments:

Carlene M Gadapee said...

oooo...I did that years ago--turned out, I tore the tendons in the top of my foot...that hurts so much. Be careful with yourself!!

(and maybe take a pratfall class?)

miss you!

David (n of 49) said...

Sorry to hear it but the good news in it is no bones broken. (That kind of tumble means they needn't have been only in your foot!) Keep it elevated. (Some of my long ago first aid training still survives.) :)