Thursday, August 23, 2018

I learned yesterday that the publisher is beginning to lay out the pages for Chestnut Ridge, so that was a cheerful surprise. Because several of the poems have odd formats, he's decided to use a boxier-than-normal trim size, which will give him more latitude with line length. So the book's shape will be a bit unusual . . . and maybe eye-catching because of it. We can only hope.

Otherwise, I passed the day reading friends' pieces, submitting work, writing some tardy letters. My quick foray into Blake has made me want to spend more time with him--maybe with one of the long strange poems.

By the way: I don't yet know when Chestnut Ridge will officially be available, but it's moving along faster than I'd anticipated. Thus, I ought to be finding some reading venues. If you have thoughts and suggestions, please let me know.

5 comments:

David (n of 49) said...

Chestnut Ridge: I'd say YIPPEE! but in the interests of maintaining the decorum of this blog have substituted a lower case wahoo! instead.

Carlene Gadapee said...

Reading venues...hm...I wonder if, since the FP has a relationship with PSU, whether reading at the college might be a thing?

And to David...

I'M GONNA WOOT WOOT ALL IN CAPS!

Ruth said...

YES!!!!! Caps and exclaimation points!!!!!!

Yes, PSU. David will tell you about the accommodations ( ? ) here, but you would be most welcome to stay here.

David (n of 49) said...

That's easy: think lower-case mansion.

David (n of 49) said...

Harrumph--iconoclast.