Friday, May 4, 2018

I'll be playing music tonight in South Portland, at the Sea Dog Brewing Company, 8-11 p.m.--sitting in with the singer Troy Youngblood, who recently moved to Maine from Florida and has a huge and amazing blues voice. Sunny Stutzman will also be sitting in, on sax and harmonica. It will be an improvisational night as we don't regularly play together, but it will be fun. You should come hang out; Troy's voice will amaze you.

Until then, I'll be devoting the day to bundling together various loose ends. Yesterday I shipped my giant editing project to the author, so I have a bit of breather before tackling the next manuscripts. Today I'll be sorting out Frost Place stuff, running a few errands, prepping for class next week . . . that kind of thing. On Monday our Chicago son will fly into Portland, and after spending a couple of days here, he and I will head out on a mother-and-son-visit-the-family road trip. I'm so looking forward to spending all this time with him, but I've got to get myself organized.

No comments: