Saturday, March 3, 2018

The wind is still blowing, but not as a gale anymore. We never did get too much rain here, though I think the high seas did create flooding along the coast and its associated rivers.

Yesterday I breasted the wind and went downtown to the library for my second mentoring session with the community writing project I'm volunteering with, the one I told you about last week, that focuses on people who are dealing with homelessness. This week I worked individually with one of the young men I'd met last Friday. And I think it went well; I think it went really well. The two of us are developing comfort with one another, and he is a compelling storyteller. But I came home filled with such a deep and inarticulate sorrow. The world is so full of bright smiles and sad eyes.

Anyway, today I'm on the road again: first southbound to help Tom fetch home the truck he just bought to replace his jalopy; then northbound for tonight's gig in Sangerville. I'll let you know how it all goes.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Travel easy