Tuesday, November 21, 2017

House-in-Progress


The living room, with elegant lawn chairs. Clever camera angle prevents you from seeing the uninstalled storm door and the old dishwasher waiting to go to the dump.



Stairwell facing from the living room into the mysterious dining room. The ghost lives in the register at the bottom of the stairs.



Oddly compressed view of the  dining room, which is bigger than it looks here. Note the many unattached doors, the piles of kitchen equipment, and the fancy paper-towel centerpiece.



The future guest room/TV-watching room, with no floor showing because it's currently covered in construction equipment and you don't want to look at that. As you may be able to glimpse, the neighbor has a nice garden.



Tree and rock-wall view from the new kitchen door.



Front door, ceiling halo, and building permit taped to the window.

3 comments:

Ruth said...

What great house! You’ve made so much progress. I’m honored to see the ghost portal to this dimension. Lucky ghoost to have a warm place to live and to have understaning hosts.
Happy Thanksgiving.
When I moved into my house, it took some time for the furniture to decide where it wanted to live. It was always very polite however, and waited for me to comply.

Carlene said...

Beautiful home, Dawn and Tom. I love the color schema. It appears to be very comfortably quiet and restful! And I love the wood stair treads...I wish mine were. I hate the carpeting I have. Hm...someday... =)

David (n of 49) said...

Ditto to all the above, Dawn. It is lovely. P.s. the paper towel centerpiece really pulls the room together.