Friday, October 27, 2017

One thing led to another, and I ended up spending the entire day at the house, painting the dining room and the spare room and dealing with the stove guy. But now we have a beautiful little woodstove in the fireplace and no worrisome crack in the chimney. If only we had a kitchen.

The rain has passed, after a stormy night, and today looks like it will be bright and shiny. My parents will be arriving later this afternoon, so I guess it's good I donated a work day to the house cause. Not that I'm complaining about having to mosey around town. It will be a pleasant change.

I'd like to imagine I'll work on my poem draft this morning, but that doesn't seem likely. Last fall I had to manufacture tasks to fill my lonely time. This fall I can't scrape up enough hours in the day.

Still, I'd so much rather be overwhelmed than pointless.

I should take some pictures for you. I'll try to remember.

No comments: