Friday, September 29, 2017

Good morning . . . and sorry for running late today. Though I've been awake for hours and I've been doing work stuff and house stuff, I've only just now managed to get dressed and back to my laptop.

It's 40 degrees here this morning, a extreme swing from where we've been for the past several days. Tom is so relieved. Framing a three-story house, which is never fun, is a misery in hot weather. And then after work, he's had to go to deal with our own feckless house. He does not lead an easy life.

In the meantime, I edit and try to track down subcontractors and read about John Brown and paint rooms and cook  meals and fold laundry and throw a few more phrases into the long one-sentence poem I've been stringing along for the past week or so. It's probably a miserable piece of work, but it's keeping me going, in a playing-scales kind of way.

Still no word about the Autumn House results. But yesterday I applied for an Obama Foundation Fellowship in the hopes of being able to disseminate the work we do at the Frost Place more widely. I won't get it, of course, but the act of writing about that work was uplifting.

And all three of my invited guest poets said yes. Let the 2018 season begin!

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Yea! And The Tribe will be waiting with open arms!