Thursday, July 7, 2016

First thing this morning I learned that someone has just ordered my new book, so that was pleasant news . . . though of course comic also, because why am I so pleased that a single person ordered it?

Anyway, better to be cheerful than mopey--when it comes to sales, anyway. And at least I have a publisher who wants to sell books, which is more than I can say for the publisher of one of our Frost Place guest poets, who refused to send us any books to sell at the conference. (As a side note: If there had been any books, the poet would have sold them all.)

But back to my book: As always, I'd love to read in your town, talk in your school or library, offer a workshop on poetry or essay writing, etcetera, etcetera. Vagabond is not poetry so conceivably you could even convince your book group to read it. That would be a novelty--for me, anyway.

No comments: