Sunday, December 13, 2015

I'm playing music this morning at Stutzmans' Cafe in Sangerville, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., so come hang out and eat pancakes if you can. The cafe will be closing for the season in a couple of weeks, so you won't have many more chances.

Before I rush off to get ready, I'll mention that I've gotten a load of responses and reactions to my post about "Magic Words: Writing for Hope, Writing for Change," my upcoming April workshop for high school teachers. Many of those responses were from people who are not high school teachers but poets and/or citizen-activists who want to bring poetry to people who don't usually take poetry workshops or are themselves people who don't usually take poetry workshops.

Yes, sign up for this workshop, or ask me to bring a version of it to wherever you are. There's no reason to limit ourselves to the classroom. After all, the classroom is just a step into the rest of life.

No comments: