Saturday, July 11, 2015

Teaching and Editing Services

As the first step to updating this blog's "Teaching and Editing" page, I thought I'd remind the world that I am a freelance jack-of-many-trades.

Poetry and creative nonfiction workshops
I have taught poetry and creative nonfiction in many settings, from K-12 classes to MFA seminars. I am available for short or long residencies and can combine off-site online work with in-class visits.

Private poetry mentoring
I work one on one with aspiring writers, offering revision advice, reading suggestions, writing prompts, and manuscript reviews, as well as support, encouragement, and honesty.

Editing
I copyedit literary and academic manuscripts.

I am happy to provide references for all of these services, and happy to talk with you about your artistic hopes and dreams and worries. Though poetry changed my life, it didn't make my life any easier. Having mentors and friends did.

No comments: