Tuesday, March 10, 2015

I received some excellent news yesterday evening: the Academy of American Poets will be publishing one of my teaching essays on its poets.org site and will also be featuring a couple of curriculum pieces created by dedicated Frost Place participant Jean Kanzinger. In other words (and because I love the torture of a mixed metaphor), our Frost Place pedagogy will get a chance to stand in the bully pulpit. Hurray! [Now draw a cartoon of that.]

To continue the educational theme: on Thursday I'll be heading south to NYC, and on Friday morning I'm off to Princeton University, where I'll be judging New Jersey's Poetry Out Loud state finals and talking to teachers and arts administrators about the Frost Place. [Now draw a cartoon of Dawn in the cloak of an Expert. See Mark Twain's essay "Taming the Bicycle" if you need any suggestions about how to portray Experts.]

In the meantime, I will be Expertly hauling firewood and emptying the compost pail.

5 comments:

David (N of 49) said...

Congratulations, Dawn! All this and firewood and compost, too: take that, Walt and Henry David!

Dawn Potter said...

And it's supposed to get up to 40 degrees today. My cup runneth over.

Maureen said...

Wonderful news, Dawn. Congratulations.

Carlene said...

Your post today reminds me a little of one of my dad's favorite American humorists, George Ade.

He is worth a read and a giggle.

Carlene said...

Found a quote that made me smile, too:

After being Turned Down by numerous Publishers, he had decided to write for Posterity.
George Ade