Sunday, March 23, 2014

I'm off to play music this morning at Stutzman's Cafe, and I do hope the driving is better than it was yesterday, when my tire caught a chunk of ice and I went careening into a snowbank. Granted, it was just about the safest road accident possible. The conditions were messy; but I was driving well below the speed limit, I hadn't hit the brakes, I wasn't going up or down a hill or around a curve, and no one was coming in the other direction. The car simply nicked the ice patch, swooped back and forth and forth across the slushy lanes, and glided serenely into the lefthand bank. Three bossy guys stopped their cars and enjoyed coaching me as I backed the car off its perch, and then I was on my way again. I won't say I wasn't shaken up a little, and certainly my son in the passenger seat was distressed. But we are undamaged, and so is the car.

No comments: