Monday, February 25, 2013

Yesterday I received a sort of compliment that I'd never received before--at least not to my knowledge. A fellow poet who had read "Mr. Kowalski" told me that he's going to use several lines as an epigraph for a poem of his own. I feel ridiculously pleased.

And two days ago I received another email about the poem from another poet friend, who said, "I love your poem in all its dimensions, especially the endless musical ones--the sonorous forms and steps, among other advancements or recessions, achieved by, or perhaps not, discipline, that may shape a child and bring her to the moment of the poem."

I know sharing these bits of news might come across as pompous prating. But I hope you forgive me. I am just so happy to be read.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

As you so richly do deserve!!

Dawn Potter said...

Sending you a big hug, Ruth-- XX