Sunday, February 17, 2013

And now it is official. I have signed the contract. I will be publishing a new book with Autumn House Press, tentatively titled The Conversation: Learning to Become a Poet, forthcoming in mid-2014. I'm thinking this might be a stupid and/or pompous name, but I had to dredge up something for the contract, and perhaps the title will grow on me.

Yesterday I shared my bare-bones conception of the book, and I much appreciate both your support and your suggestions. I hope you will continue to share your conversation with me. I want this book to be personal but also useful; so if any of you teachers and poets would be interested in vetting chapters as I finish them, I would be exceedingly grateful. Believe me, your name will be in lights (which is to say, in the acknowledgments).

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Congratulations, Dawn. Autumn House is such a wonderful publisher. Delighted for you!

Carlene said...

If I can be of any assistance, let me know...I'm excited for the book!

And for you, of course... =)