Tuesday, January 1, 2013


Today is the release date for A Poet's Sourcebook; and though as of 8 a.m. Amazon says that it's still not available, the publisher tells me he has mailed my copies, so indeed they do exist.

With three books already behind me, I am well aware of the postpartum depression that usually accompanies publication. So much work, so much anticipation seem to result in exactly nothing . . . which is of course a tremendous exaggeration, but that is depression's way. Still, this morning I don't feel too melancholy about the fate of my book, though simultaneously I am also not picturing accolades in the New York Times. Perhaps, by the the fourth child, one becomes sensible. Or perhaps melancholy remains crouched behind the curtain.

For the moment, however, I am going to continue to imagine that I have merely become sensible. If you are a teacher or a potential reviewer and would like a desk copy, please do contact Autumn House Press. If you have something to say about what you've read, perhaps you could write a little comment on the Amazon page or Goodreads or the like. Perhaps you could mention it on your blog, Facebook page, or listserv or otherwise share information about it with your friends or colleagues. I am also more than happy to talk to anyone about the process of creating the book. My hope is that this anthology will find a small corner of usefulness in the world, and I would deeply appreciate any help you can give it. That is as expansive as I dare allow myself to be this morning.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

A splendiferous New Year and congratulations!! This is the entry to a blissful new year. Odd numbered years have balance.

Ethan will be thrilled to see his poem in print!!

Dawn Potter said...

Oh, let me know what he says! The book should be on its way to him (and to you).