Friday, January 18, 2013

More Praise for "A Poet's Sourcebook"

I am very, very happy and relieved to have received these notes about A Poet's Sourcebook.

"It's not really a literary book in any conventional sense, or so it seems to me. It's more about how poetry is language that speaks essentially to people. The various fads and fashions don't figure much in your book and that's to its lasting credit." --Baron Wormser, director of educational outreach at the Frost Place and a contributor to the anthology 

"I have just spent the week-end reading through A Poet's Sourcebook and what pleasures it gave me. Of course, I have not read it all, but what I have read has--truly--so pleased and enriched me!  . . . I will recommend it to my students with utmost enthusiasm." --Laure-Anne Bosselaar, poet, teacher, and translator

"Reading some fairly incomprehensible Lit Theory so I can get my master's so I can teach poetry writing/appreciation. And when I do, this is the sort of book I will have my students read." --Cynthia Brackett-Vincent, publisher of the Aurorean and an alum of the Frost Place Conference on Poetry and Teaching


"It's now on my short list of desert island books. . . . And I am honored to have my essay rubbing shoulders with some writer-gods of mine." --Teresa Carson, associate publisher at CavanKerry Press and a contributor to the anthology

"Cynndarae Horace salutem, Tibi maximus gratias ago." [Oddly enough, this last comment seemed to come from Teresa Carson's email account. . . . ]

No comments: