Thursday, September 6, 2012

Poetry workshop

On Saturday I'll be teaching a daylong poetry workshop for the Lincoln Arts Festival in Boothbay, Maine. I've decided to focus on lyric poetry in the morning and dramatic monologue in the afternoon. Using the teaching model we've refined at the Frost Place Conference and Teaching, I'll be dictating poems, facilitating discussions, offering writing prompts, and talking about revision strategies. The cost is $60, which seems fairly reasonable for a full day spent with the likes of Frost, Shakespeare, and Browning.

This workshop is open to everyone. You don't need to know how to write poems; you don't need to know anything about the poets under discussion. You just need to be curious.

I'll be driving down in the morning from Harmony; so if you live anywhere close by (i.e., within an hour of me), we could travel together. Just let me know.

No comments: