Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Because I haven't given you any food updates lately, I'll try to remember what we've eaten recently. The day before yesterday I made Greek meatballs, stuffed grape leaves, and tabouli for dinner. Last night we went to the movies at dinnertime, so for a late-night supper Tom made tomato-and-cheese omelets along with a salad and a baguette I'd baked and frozen for such emergencies. Tonight seems likely to be chicken breasts breaded with sourdough crumbs and parmesan, roasted green beans, and baby red potatoes if I can find any hiding under the mulch. In the past week or so I've made strawberry sorbet, strawberry ice cream, and sweet cherries topped with whipped cream. Today I think I'm going to invent some sort of fruit gelatin--possibly with strawberries (yet again), possibly with oranges--but maybe I'll change my mind and make panna cotta instead.

In other local news, my band, String Field Theory, is performing this Saturday evening at the Eighth Annual Strawberry Festival, held at Stutzman's Farm on Doughty Hill Road in Sangerville, Maine. The cookout starts at 5 p.m.; music begins at 6 p.m. We are one of several acoustic groups playing short sets. Price for meal and music is $12 for adults, $6 for children under 12.

No comments: