Sunday, May 13, 2012

I did manage to write yesterday, but then I had to spend the rest of a rare sunny afternoon holed up at the Bangor Mall buying ties and dress shirts and dress pants for the graduates-to-be. Within a month I will be embroiled in not one, but two, graduations: one from eighth grade, the other from high school; one on June 10, one on June 11. In between we have high school Model U.N., eighth-grade class trip, eighth-grade semiformal, and numerous sporting events to dress for. (This is the royal we, as in "they have to dress and I have to dress them.") I have no idea how the parents of graduating girls maintain their sanity.

In the meantime, our basement has filled up with water again, and I can't reach the washing machine.

Really, all I wanted to do was write.

No comments: