Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Stuff Going On

1. A few months ago, when I had a terrible cold, I unexpectedly got a call from a radio-show host in St. Louis, who wanted to interview me about Tracing Paradise. After coughing my way through the interview, I was sure I'd never hear from him again. But apparently the show ran on Monday night, and you can listen to it here, in the January 23 archives. The interviewer says he cut out the coughing, although, as usual, I probably won't bring myself to listen to it.

2. This Friday I'll be reading at the Common Street Gallery in Waterville, along with poets Patrick Donnelly and Rachel Contreni Flynn. We start at 7 p.m., and there will be free food and drink. (We hope there will be no snow.) I don't get very many chances to read so close to home; and if you care to venture out on a winter's night,  I would love to see you.

3. Apparently someone has reviewed Tracing Paradise for the Milton Quarterly. This makes me nervous, so it may be just as well that the article is available online only to subscribers. But if you or your library has access, you could tell me if it's bad. Alternatively, you could not tell me.

4. James got his first college acceptance yesterday, which means we managed to get him to fill out the forms correctly. Hurray!

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Congratulations to your son!

Dawn Potter said...

Well, this school isn't his first choice, but it admitted him into its honors program, which he didn't even apply for, so we're hoping this augurs well for the future.

David X. Novak said...

The interview was very enjoyable, not to mention the reading of Skunk Hour by Robert Lowell.