Friday, August 26, 2011

Like many of the rest of you, I'm thinking about Irene bearing down on the East Coast. And while Maine is rarely hurricane-prone, this time looks to be different, which means my corn had better ripen before Sunday. Today I should probably pick peppers and start putting away chairs and houseplants since tomorrow I have to spend all day negotiating an eighth-grade lunch date. This is what happens when your 13-year-old's girlfriend lives 2 hours plus a ferry ride away from him. Fortunately her mother is similarly amused/resigned.

In good news, however, I only have a small amount of editing work to do today, which means that I might just possibly find a brief moment to think about my own writing. I am so anxious to get back to my western Pennsylvania project; I am so anxious to get back to anything. I am only hoping that my simultaneous anxiety about having a freezer full of meat and no generator won't be too distracting.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Stay safe!

Dawn Potter said...

Likewise, Maureen!

Julia Munroe Martin said...

Thinking of you as we do the same.... harvesting tomatoes and hoping we'll be able to lug the heavy pot of two pepper plants into the house! Good luck with the lunch date -- so sweet! Wishing my two were still in 8th so I could keep them out of harm's way -- instead of worrying while they're in Boston & Philly! yikes! Take care!