Sunday, July 25, 2010

I am tired of driving, but today I have to drive 40 miles to go grocery shopping. I also ought to go blueberry picking, but fortunately or unfortunately it appears to be raining.

Mostly I am tired of driving because I spent too many tense hours yesterday in the seat next to New Driver Boy. Nonetheless, early in the day, the boy did say to me, "Listen. I'm nervous and you're nervous. Let's agree not to make each other more nervous." So naturally I admire him.

I would like to be reading poems, and I wonder if I will today. Among other things I ought to be reading is my friend Jeannie Beaumont's new book, which I want to finish and promise to write about here when I do. As a teaser, I will tell you that one of her poems involves the word confusions of "umbrella" and "imbroglio." I do wish I that had been my idea.

No comments: