Monday, July 12, 2010

Here's a link to Holly Zadra's article about me in the Waterville Morning Sentinel. Though I very much enjoyed talking to Holly at my kitchen table, I am, as always, queasy about results, which has nothing to do with her approach and everything to do with my angsty-ness about publicity. I mean, I know I need to publicize the book, so I squinch my eyes shut and take the plunge and send press releases to media contacts. Thus, when they in fact get back to me about the matter, I have no one to blame but myself. Yet I have a thousand worries and frets--in this case, mostly about how local people will feel about seeing themselves mentioned by name in the paper. Of course, ten-to-one they won't read an article titled "'Tracing Paradise': Local author wins literary award for examination of Milton poem," so very likely my anxieties are pointless.

On another sort-of-related note, if you've read Tracing Paradise, you may also remember my friend Steve, who features prominently in chapter 11. In real life he is Steve Cayard, a master builder of Wabanaki-style canoes; and his new website features photographs of his stunning work.

3 comments:

Maureen said...

Good article, Dawn.

Your friend's canoes are magnificent.

Dawn Potter said...

He really is an artist; I agree.

Ang said...

The article is very good. It captures the essence of the Milton work. Thanks for posting on Steve. he was pleased. A