Friday, April 9, 2010

Sorry about no post yesterday, but I was either driving, teaching, or sleeping. Lewiston is two hours south of Harmony, so I left here at 6 a.m. and returned just in time to reconnoitre with boys and dinner preparations. Then, after dinner, as soon as I sat down on the couch, I was overwhelmed by sleepiness. Tom started watching a Soviet comedy about a chess tournament (oh, those crazy Soviets), which I thought I was watching as well but which I turned out to have been dreaming. I haven't been wiped clean like that for some time. Maybe I accidentally drugged my own split-pea soup.

Anyway, yesterday's teaching gig was enjoyable: a room full of high school students who like reading and writing and talking about literature. Listening to them find their way through four very different sonnets, line by line, was intense and exciting. We worked so hard that I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they all fell asleep on their respective couches after dinner too.

No comments: