Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Winter's Tale comments for this week are starting to trickle in. Read them under the February 7 post, and keep them coming. If sixth-graders can invent both a prompt and a response, the rest of us should be able to put together at least a couple of words.

Today I'm submitting a long essay-review of The Art of the Sonnet: A Norton Anthology to a journal. This essay has been in existence since 2008. I have submitted it to several journals and have received from all of them the identical response: NOTHING. Not even a rejection. Not even a peep when I query. It's been very strange, and I'm getting sick of it. So if (when?) that happens again, I'm publishing the essay here. (But perhaps as soon as I hit the "publish post" button, it will become invisible. Anyway, be forewarned.)

Dinner tonight: homemade sausage, sauerkraut, potato salad, cucumbers, chocolate pudding.

2 comments:

Ruth said...

How eerie, I'm having stir-fry red cabbage, potato and vegetarian sausage.

Good luck with the submission.

charlotte gordon said...

I will read anything you write.
You make sausages???

I'm sorry about the death of the school person. And I love that Hayden C. quote about the sad world. It is sad.