Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I learned today that the National Book Foundation has created a new prize, called the Innovations in Reading Prize, specifically aimed at publicizing the work of "individuals and institutions that have developed successful, innovative approaches to inspire Americans to become life-long and passionate readers." Naturally my thoughts turned to the Man, aka Baron Wormser; and because I am well assured that he does not read this blog and anyhow is in Ireland having jet lag at this very moment, I feel no compunction about announcing that, in my opinion, he ought to win this award. I mean, who do you know who does the job better? Of course, if you do know someone, you'd better hurry up and nominate them now and then introduce me. If, however, you feel like jumping on the Baron bandwagon with me, I think it would be enjoyable to flood the foundation offices with nomination forms. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you will send in a nomination form, then.

Best,

Harold Augenbraum
Executive Director
National Book Foundation

Dawn Potter said...

It's in the mail.

Ms Johnson said...

I ditto all of that--I vote for the man!! I'll send in a letter for him.