Monday, December 29, 2008

Writing about David Copperfield makes me feel so delirious I can hardly concentrate on anything else. And yet I need to make supper for nine people tonight, most of that number consisting of five loud boys between the ages of 2 and 14, with the remaining eaters being hapless parent chaperons. Ham, potatoes, cole slaw, and cake; ham, potatoes, cole slaw, and cake; ham, potatoes, cole slaw, and cake. Perhaps if I chant the menu over and over to myself, I won't forget to cook it.

5 comments:

Jen Cullerton Johnson said...

chant! Chant! Chant! danw, what is so important about cokking dinner for the group!

Jen Cullerton Johnson said...

That was Mark Wise....he is jealous b/c is personal cheif is on vacation! I am up in Vermont at Mark's house.

Dawn Potter said...

Well, because I invited them, and I hardly ever see them, and there's no place to eat out, and they brought the wine. How's Vermont these days?

Jen Cullerton Johnson said...

hey girl! vermont is good. i had baron come to concord school to do an inservice and i am hoping to have geoff hewit come in march. how are you? when is your new book coming out?

Dawn Potter said...

Now I have no idea if I'm talking to Jen or Mark. Perhaps I will call you Jark. Maine is icy and filled with vigorously vacationing children who are hungry all the time. I haven't left my property for 8 days, but today I might venture out to buy something just for the heck of it. Next week I teach a class in Massachusetts and am looking forward to dressing up for the occasion. The memoir is scheduled for spring publication, but the NYTimes tells me that no one buys new books anymore.